Sarah Akhavan - Resume
You can download the pdf version here.
Course Instructor of Interaction Design
MAY 2020 - PRESENT
- Taught over 750 students in 11 classes of the courses.
- Outlined core concepts, methodologies, processes, tools and techniques in design.
- Held workshops on prototyping tools like Figma.
- Held workshops on how to apply design and accessibility guidelines to design.Managed the teaching assistant teams of 4 people.
- Collaborated with YorkU Project Commons, integrated their real-world projects as deliverables in my courses.
Adanic Banking Informatics
DEC 2016 - JUL 2018, Tehran
- Redesigned and enhanced the interfaces of several banking applications and corresponding web dashboards.
- Conducted iterative contextual inquiries and usability testings.
- Localized design guidelines to be used in Persian culture and language setting.
- Designed different variants of the products for different banks.
Torob Online Markets Search Engine
JUN 2016 - SEP 2016, Tehran
- Evaluated and restructured product categorization using card sorting.
- Redesigned flows and interfaces of Torob’s website and mobile app.
- Improved Torob’s Alexa rank to be among the top 1000 in Iran.
Practices in Enabling Technologies (PiET) Lab, York University
SEP 2018 - PRESENT
- Developed an empirically derived persona technique for increasing inclusion in the design of Open-Source Assistive Technologies, called the PISHI concept,
- Applied the concept to a case study of a writing system for people with deaf-blindness and motor impairments.
SmART Toolbox Study
- Designed a usability evaluation framework for the SmART Toolbox.
- Conducted usability testing in stages of pretest, test, and post-test.
- Conducted data analysis over 151 entries.
- Designed and directed Think Aloud sessions as part of the test stage.
Contextual Inquiry • Personas & Scenarios • Wireframing • Prototyping • Usability Testing • Cognitive Walkthrough • Heuristic Evaluation • Designing for Accessibility
Sketch • Figma • Adobe XD • InVision • Illustrator • Adee • Procreate • Treejack
HTML • CSS • JS • Django with Python • XML • AJAX • C++ • Python • C • Java
WEKA • Rapidminer • Scikit-Learn • Pandas • Matplotlib • Numpy